Monday 25 March 2013

Interview with Danny Felice from Breed 77 14/3/13

Danny Felice is a guitarist from the band Breed 77. I caught up with him before the band’s show at The Cellar in Southampton.


Julia: How would you describe your musical style to people who haven't heard it before?
Danny: Well, I think it is quite a unique sound mix. We are a rock/metal band, but we mix it with a bit of flamenco and Eastern kind of sound. We are from Gibraltar and we have all this influx over music from Africa and Spain which is flamenco, rapid rhythms. So we incorporate this into our style.

Julia: Who would you say are your major influences?
Danny: I think as a person more like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Maiden. I’m a big fan of Maiden. In the band, mixed with something like Paco de Lucía, he’s one of the famous Spanish guitarists. So that’s more or less the influences of where we come from.


Julia: How does it feel to be in Southampton tonight?
Danny: Yeah, it’s cool! It’s a while since we’ve played around here. It’s the first time we don’t play in a place, you know The Joiners? We always played there. So this is the first time in town and it’s a nice city.

Julia: How has the tour been going so far?
Danny: Very good! I mean the response has been really good from people coming to see the new album. This is the first of many, we hope. It’s just the beginning. The album comes out on the 25th March, but it was already out on the 11th on iTunes, but we are selling it on the road so we’re excited. This is the first tour of the album.

Julia: Have you got much planned for the rest of the year?
Danny: Yeah, I mean we are going to try to play as much as we can. Anywhere that will have us! So it will be like ‘tour, tour!’ Hopefully we will be playing everywhere.

Julia: What would you say is your favourite song that you have written and why?
Danny: That’s a very difficult question! I don’t think I have a favourite, but I think on this album ‘Motionless’ is a very unique and very epic song, and we are proud of that song.

Julia: What inspired you to start a band?
Danny: Music, I was a very big fan of Maiden since I was a kid and, I don’t know, it just happened. You start playing an instrument and then you just want to be doing music around and being taken more serious and that’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment